Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Voluntary Confrontation With The Unconscious








(images via NYT)


The Red Book of C. G. Jung
Creation of a New Cosmology
Hammer Museum
April 11 - June 6, 2010








I have an intense unconscious life.. ask anyone who knows me. Epic dreams nearly every night of my life. Once when I was "menaced by a psychosis" I didnt dream for an entire year. I believe it was self punishment. I healed.. my dreams came back.

Recently I've been interested in psychologist Joe Griffin. Following a twelve year review of data from all major sleep laboratories, his research led to the formulation of the Expectation Fulfillment Theory of Dreaming, which suggests that dreaming metaphorically completes patterns of emotional expectation in the autonomic nervous system and lowers stress levels in mammals.

This is in line for the nightstand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am with you on the every night epic dreams.

last night: my work building was broken into and the neighbors suggested i call Method Man because, you know, he can fix things?

going to start a dream journal.

Post a Comment