Friday, August 28, 2009

Will You Marry Us?








So Alex and I had been keeping a secret for months... we planned a surprise visit to South Louisiana to attend my brother Donovan and his fiance Suzy's engagement party. The party was beautiful and lasted until the early morning hours... typical southern celebration. The weather was especially gorgeous and unusually cool for this time of year... just one torrential downpour! ... how did we get so lucky?! In just a few days we managed to spend some lovely time with my parents, my closest friends ..including a special new edition, 9 month old Julien.. and of course my brother and soon-to-be sister. There was turtle soup, Jitterbuggin' and tears of happiness galore. It was a perfect introduction to Alex of my home and all my favorite people... relaxed, slow, loving and comfortable. Thank you to everyone who opened their homes and fold out couches to us. We cant wait to see you for the wedding!
(See all photos)


Acadian Jean Mouton settled Lafayette in 1821, known originally as Vermilionville. Guidry, our family name, is documented in "The Arrival of the Acadians" as one of the first Acadians, Pierre Guidry, to arrive in this area in April of 1764.





No comments:

Post a Comment